Subject: Howdy

From: "John Fonte" <[email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 09:27:48 -0800

Think about this....................

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.
Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House..

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday. Both were shot in the
head.  Here is an interesting one...

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinaited by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerens.

Both successors were named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy was born in 1939.

Both assassins were know by their three names.
Both names compromise fifteen letters.
Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

To cap it all off, Booth and Oswald were assassinated before
their trials.