Subject: Last call!

From: Abram Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 19:33:21 -0800

Attention all:

This will be the last mail to the list. My little fledgling project has bin
cut short because i will no longer be working here. I thought that was bad
for a while, because i have really enjoyed working at Greystone. The
residents and staff were truly awesome to work with. I even had time to get
my CNA while i was here, and Intel has offered me a pretty nice job, so my
spirits aren't totally crushed %^P. At any rate, when i get settled into a
non-UCDavis account i'll remember y'all. 

In case any of you don't know, you can mail me at:
                        [email-masked]
which i check pretty regularly.

finally, here's my last little bit of broadcast humor (apologies to anyone
who already got it).

audi 5000,
Abram

(p.s: Greystone ISDN clients: i just added y'all to the list for this one
mail. don't worry--i won't inundate you with mail!! also, you may see me
sometime because i will be on-site now and again working on a project i'm
still involved with.)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The word "queueing" is the only English word with five consecutive
vowels.

The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the Army for the
"General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.

The two longest one-syllable words in the English language are
"screeched" and "strengths."

The longest word in the Oxford English Dictionary is
"floccinaucinihilipilification," which means "the act of estimating as
worthless."

The abbreviation for pound, "lb.," comes from the astrological sign
                                                                      
Libra, meaning balance, and symbolized by scales.

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full
moon.

Montpelier, Vermont, is the only U.S. state capital without a McDonalds.

The Chinese ideogram for 'trouble' symbolizes 'two women living under
one roof'.

In Chinese, the words for crisis and opportunity are the same.

Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people
without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the
expression "to get fired."

The term "the whole 9 yards" came from WWII fighter pilots in the South
Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber
machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded
into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo
at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards."

The term the "Boogey Man will get you" comes from the Boogey people, who
still inhabit an area of Indonesia. These people still act as pirates
today and attack ships that pass. Thus the term spread "if you don't
watch out the Boogey man will get you."       

"Underground" is the only word in the English language that begins and
ends with the letters "und."     
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=